Sunday 25 March 2012

Glossybox March - Harrods Box

This month Glossy Box teamed up with Harrods to create this special edition box. For those who don't live in the UK Harrods is our famous upmarket department store in London, if you ever visit it's a must see tourist attraction! I've had this box for over a week now and I've sort of being putting of reviewing it because unfortunately I wasn't too impressed with it, which is such a shame since there was so much initial hype about it! To be honest I don't think I got the right products, looking on the glossy box website there were a lot of other items that I could have received in this box that I would have loved such as the burberry lipstick or the YSL hair serum, but I guess it's just the luck of the draw!

BLISS Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter - Body butters are always a great thing to have, this one smells amazing, its a combination that I would never have thought of and it has definitely done it's job, my skin feels gorgeous and moisturised. Really like this one.

REVIVE Intense Creme Lustre SPF30 - This moisturiser is intended for reducing the appearance of 'sagging skin' which at 20, I don't think I need to be worrying about. This product isn't for me but I will try it, you never know it might turn out to be an amazing face cream! I'm not in any hurry to give this one a go though.

LEIGHTON DENNY High Performance Nail Colour (Honey Trap) - Absolutely love Leighton Denny and I know a friend of mine is a huge fan, it's quite expensive off the shelve so I'm really happy to have this little sample:) The colour is a gorgeous neutral tone, a perfect every day shade, I will definitely be getting a lot of use out of this one.

VERSACE Vanitas Versace Eau de Parfum - This product is a real treat! I've never owned anything Versace. It has a lovely floral fragrance but it is quite heavy so I think 'a little goes a long way' definitely applies. Also the packaging is beautiful! Lots of tiny delicate detail. I'm not sure whether this fragrance is intended for an older audience as it's not something I would usually go for. I might treat my mum to this one! :)

CLARINS Extra Firming Body Cream - Again, a product not necessarily intended for me. 'A formula rich in regenerating and firming plant extracts which restore the skin's youthful density and elasticity' I'd like to think I don't need this just yet! But just like the 'Revive' cream there's no harm in trying.

I think this box might have been more appreciated if it had gone to someone like my mum, I will definitely be sharing this one with her. What did you think of the Harrods box? Did you get some of the better products? Let me know! :)


3 comments:

  1. Hey u found u thru my top chum louise at sprinkle. Im now a new follower :)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog hun!

    What software do you use for your photos??

    lilmisschickas.blogspot.co.uk

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt a bit like you towards the March glossybox! After all the sneaky previews from other bloggers, I was really disappointed :( I was secretly hoping for the Burberry lipstick though ahah!

    I would definitely recommend using that facial moisturiser, I'm only 19 but I love it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...